[aklug] Re: ARrrgg

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 18:08:17 AKDT

Christopher Howard wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Christopher Howard wrote:

>>> System installation seems to be working now.
>>>
>>> Linux tip of the day: Don't try to encrypt your kernel. Apparently that
>>> confuses the system.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christopher Howard
>>> http://indicium.us
>>> http://theologia.indicium.us
>>> ---------
>>>

>> Nevermind, I thought the system was working. Somehow I managed to bork my
>> graphics. Whenever X starts, I only get bars of color.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher Howard
>> http://indicium.us
>> http://theologia.indicium.us
>> ---------
>>

> I think I've got this graphics issue fixed. Apparently I had to install
> the NVIDIA 6 series drivers in advance.

Thats kinda funny, encrypting the raid, etc.. making it more secure so
that the gubment can't steal your drive and take all your MSN contacts..
 What's funny to me is the primary input system wasn't working.. kinda
hard to get sensitive information out of a system you can't even use to
put sensitive information onto.

What dist are you dealing with again?

- Shane

-- File: signature.asc