[aklug] Re: Using X11

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 11:03:05 AKDT

And we ran OOo and other apps under X11 on Macs across
platforms, although this was specifically "off image" - LOL
I found that X11 was much more robust than trying to use
vnc, though vnc was sometimes easier to use (though vnc
versioning could make my head ache when dealing with Macs
and ard.....

barsalou wrote:
> For example, when I was with ASD, I loaded cygwin on my
Windows laptop =20
> and configured it as an X11 client, then remotely loaded the evolution =20
> mail client from a remote linux box I had setup up.
>
> All kinds of fun can be had.
>
> Mike B.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s