[aklug] Re: GCI DNS

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 09:42:30 AKDT

Quoting Kurt Mathews <skidriprekah@gmail.com>:

> Damien,
> I have been having the same issue. I initially dismissed it as a problem
> with my home router. Using OpenDNS has resolved my problem, but that doesn't
> mean GCI's DNS is the issue.
>

> How about others?
>
> -Kurt

I have seen some issues as well, but haven't really investigated what
might be causing the problem. There are so many elements involved.

I could change to using the OpenDNS servers and see what the results
are...but I don't know if that will really show that there is a
specific problem with the GCI DNS servers.

Mike B.