[aklug] Turbo Tax and Linux

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 22:07:30 AKDT

There are only a few things I use Windows for these days:

  - IE when the websites I use require it
  - Quicken, cause I just can't get my wife to like GNUCash
  - Turbo Tax.

Well Turbo Tax just informed me that they will no longer support the
Windows 2K machine that I am running on starting next year.

I probably can find an old laptop that has XP Home, but it just torks
me when companies do this.

Anyone solving these windows application problems with other applications?

I'm looking for actual examples of where folks have used the programs
they are going to suggest.

To me, other than iTunes for the various pods and other apple gadgets
we have, I could be rid of Windows forever if I can conquer the above
items.

Here's to hoping.

Mike B.