[aklug] Re: XFS (was: Re: Question regarding paritioning and drive space)

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 14:40:17 AKDT

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Mike Tibor wrote:

> On AIX it does naturally, but I didn't think it did on Linux. Of course
> that was back around 1998 - 2000, so maybe it didn't back then but does
> now. Of course there's the distinct possibility that I'm on crack and it
> always did. :-)

This too funny. While trying to find an answer to this I hit the following
link:

   http://www.caldera.com/company/legal/update/LTC%20-%20JFS%20for%20Linux%20Feb%202002.pdf

Notice the company name. This freaking morons actually redacted a block of
text entitled "Source of the JFS Technology" which basically gives press and
kudos to IBM. Of course, we only know the title and the text because the
morons didn't actually remove the text, they only added a visual overlay.
So, you can select it with the cursor, cut & paste, etc.

This is just downright petty. SCO, you should be eternally shamed and
ostracized.

Anyway, according to this hit:

   http://www.linux.com/feature/32002

you have to execute:

   mount -o remount,resize /mount/point

but it accomplishes the same thing as xfs_growfs. Live filesystem resized.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die