[aklug] Attempting to sell off some decent Dell Dimension 8300 workstations

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 14:05:10 AKDT

Heya folks,
I dunno about the 'for sale' policy on the list so pardon me if I'm
being a boob. I figured I'd give first crack at some hardware to the
LUG. I have two identical Dell Dimension 8300 workstations I have been
using as mad scientist machines for the last year and I need to clear
off some desk space. I bought these from a previous employer who knew I
had mad science like things to do on my spare time and I got a good
price - going to pass that on to you guys.

$75/ea for:

  Intel P4 3.0Ghz HT
  250G SATA HDD
  512M PC2700u RAM (I know right? Only half a gig!)
  SB Live sound card installed, even though it has onboard audio as well
  DVI and HD-15 Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (Can swap for a dual DVI board)

See the output of lshw here: http://dpaste.com/25119/plain/

Any additional Dlink 10/100 NIC $3/ea (capable of 2 extra per box)

Let me know off list if you're interested.. let me know on list if I'm a
punk.

Shane

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature