[aklug] Re: Question regarding paritioning and drive space

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 06:50:49 AKDT

Quoting Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>:

> The LVM is an extra abstraction layer, right? That makes me kind of
> nervous. I've seen a lot of LVM problem posts on the net... Is there any
> significant added risk to using LVM?

This statement seems void of facts. :) It would be good to know about
some of the problems you are referring to.

For example, one issue might be someone ran out of space, but didn't
know how to unmount the partition so they could grow it if they
weren't using XFS.

If you haven't worked with an LVM before, you might consider building
a Virtual Machine and use it within that so you are comfortable before
you put it on a production box.

Mike B.