[aklug] Re: Java Question - Jin

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 19:15:27 AKDT

----8<-----

> I commented out the part which checks the Java version, but then the
> program just starts but crashes immediately. How can I adjust this so that
> it uses Sun Java?

If it is crashing, it's not happy with the Java environment. Maybe it is
still using GCJ?

What does `java -version` get you?

Something like this is what you're after:

james@independence:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_12"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.2-b01, mixed mode)

If you don't get Sun's Java responding back, take a peek at the
update-alternatives command. (Or make sure that the only Java you have
installed is Sun's Java, then you don't have to worry about alternatives.)