[aklug] Re: computer parts store

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 10:51:28 AKDT

I have a Itronix Gobook 3 w/ a P4. Along that subject-because I'm using the
older version (Ubiquiti Supercardbus pcmcia a/b/g) I'm running into an
issue-hence my search for a minipci wlan. I ran it through a wireless
troubleshooting thread on Ubuntu Forums and I narrowed it down the OS's
problem with recognizing the memory on the card (separate from the system
memory) it locks up the OS. I tried booting without the card plugged in and
nary a problem. I than push the card into it's slot (probably not
recommended-but at that stage I was narrowing things down) and it locked the
OS up (Ubuntu 8.10.) That's where I'm at. There are only four dealers on the
Ubiquiti website and I'm using HD communications because they're the only
ones that ship to a PO box. And yes-of course I'd be interested in helping
out the group if they're interested in the cards. My supercardbus picked up
signals from mars in my Gobook 1-looking forward to the SR71c. If I can't
resolve the memory/OS lockup there is option B with the minpci
interface...which SR71c comes in as well. Both aren't shipping until the end
of April. I'm going to show up at next Fridays meeting volcanoes
permitting...

--
ØÖ! ì~ð
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"