[aklug] Re: Robert Crowe's emails

From: James Zuelow <James_Zuelow@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 08:18:31 AKDT

Well, it's just Yahoo mail that can't handle them anyway.

At least kmail doesn't have any issues with them, and even Outlook plays
nice with them.

Maybe the characters are secret undocumented control characters for
Yahoo's interface to the NSA monitoring system, preventing the message
to be transcoded and hashed for the NSA to evaluate.

And now James Tweet has caused that control character set to be
published to the world.

Boy, they're gonna be pissed when they find out.