[aklug] Re: hardware ?

From: Josh Rhoades <kaiden11@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 16:27:01 AKDT

On my Thinkpad it was quite the undertaking. Involved taking the
screen off of the base, disconnecting the keyboard, taking the
"screen" part out of the screen, wedging it back in there, etc. It
took me a couple of hours, and then it went out again in a couple of
months as the problem was with the power interverter rather than the
LCD, so it just burned out the new one. Sent it back to IBM after
that.