[aklug] samba authentication questions.

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 13:03:41 AKDT

Hi Folks,

A while back someone did some work on getting windows xp clients to authenticate using
samba as the authenticator. I thought I had saved off the discussion...apparently
not. So...

1. Are there any links to those results, or even a recent howto?

2. Can the authentication be set up so that when a user changes his password on his
local machine, it changes it for that user on the whole (samba served) domain?

2a. Does that password also get changed for the -linux- /etc/passwd at the same
time? So that if the user changes the password in one place, it's changed everywhere
else, and unity is maintained?

Thanks!