[aklug] Don't upgrade to Jaunty

From: <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 13:26:25 AKST

I tried to upgrade from Intrepid to Jaunty last night. Ran "sudo update-manager -d". Followed the instructions. Couple hours of downloading upgrades, several minutes of install and the upgrade manager says cashing application data. Six minutes left it says.

Half hour later it still says six minutes left. That's when I realized the system was frozen.

My plan is to back up my data and do a clean install from the daily build CD of Jaunty. I hope it works.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T