[aklug] Re: UK government backs open source

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 08:57:07 AKST

Actually, I would have to say that Europe is probably ahead
of the U.S. as far as open software, and the bad press
resulting form profile spam on moodle was front page across
Britain. From Universitat de Barcelona to the OU, from
FInland to Germany, Europe has been a leader in developing
and using open software.... just looks at the folks who are
developing and using OpenOffice, linux, Moodle, etc.
Bob AK wrote:
> Slowly Europe is getting the idea.
> Certainly not the first news of this trend. Interesting nonetheless.
> Bob Pelz

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature