[aklug] Re: Windows 7 Beta Program

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 16:44:17 AKST

Thats better. Its really not "Windows 7", its really "Windows 6.1"

Maybe it should be called "Vista.1".

Vista was more like a x.9 release anyways.

Anyways, I made a VM out of Windows7 because allegedly one of the
edges that the pundits claim is faster boot and shutdown time. So
head-to-head in identical 512mb VMs I compare Windows7 with XP and
find that XP boots faster. Every time. I'd like to know what
head-to-head direct comparison conditions are used to determine that
Windows7 boots faster. It may just be that it takes better advantage
of huge ram, something I'm clearly not allowing it.