[aklug] Re: Standard CD for quick shell environment

From: Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 16:29:04 AKST

Chris (do you mind if I shorten your name?)
there are several Linux distros you can use to do this, some will fix
on very small thumb drive (Damn Small Linux comes to mind) and there
are others that are more designed for recovery and forensics.
BackTrack3 is a good example of this kind of distro. The big dog on
the market used to be Knoppix but I don't believe it's been maintained
for a while.

Hope this helps.

Jim MacDonald
jim@macdonald.org