[aklug] Re: What are job opportunities like in Alaska?

From: Alan C. <r.andom@noshut.com>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 13:27:14 AKST

Some of the larger employers in the state have developers on staff.

If I were looking for a job I would search the job sites and keep an
eye on the health corps, banks/credit unions, state, oil companies and
telecoms.

I would say with a programming background, as long as you are willing
to be flexible in what languages you code in/learn there is a good
chance you can find a job, it might take a bit but they are out
there... even if it does require coding on a Vax or Tandem... not that
there is anything wrong with that :^).

-Alan