[aklug] Re: SPUG: Bye bye XP PC!!! Hello Leopard Mac???

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 01:28:13 AKST

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Tom Simes wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:49:40 -0900 (AKST)
> Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us> wrote:
>

>> Debian rules.
>>
>> My boss forces me to use a Mac at work. But I'll never go over to
>> Mac willingly. I've got Debian running on six of my own computers,
>> including desktops, gaming machines, servers, and routers, from
>> 133Mhz to 3 Ghz. Debian Linux equals true freedom and
>> customizability, which you'll never get in the Mac world.
>>
>> Take that Apple.
>
> Fire up X fullscreen, learn to use macports and quit 'yer whining.
>
> http://www.macports.org/
>
> ;P
>

> Tom

Not a chance.

I talked to my boss, and he said I could use my own laptop
if I only connect it to the wireless network (security issue), so I should
be covered there. He also got me a Linux workstation, although it runs
(bleh) Fedora, and is completely locked down, so I can't install my own
wm or anything.

--
Christopher Howard
choward@indicium.us