[aklug] Re: Switched to Alpine

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 07:42:23 AKST

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Christopher Howard wrote:

> So far, my experience with Alpine has been good. I've sucessfully set up
> IMAP accounts, and I seem to have access to all my folders.
> Sending/Receiving works well. I like the interface and functionality
> better than thunderbird (err, Iceowl) already.

Agreed. I've tried others several times, but Pine just worked better.
Plus, it's a priority for me to have console access to mail. Because of
that I can't see me ever switching to a GUI client.

> I still have something I need to fiqure out though -- how to properly
> handle multiple IMAP accounts. I now how to create the collections just
> fine, but I don't know how to handle custom sig files, headers, et cetera
> for each account. I think it has something to do with setting up roles.
> If there is anything similiar in Pine, let me know how that works for you.

Roles are a huge reason why I love Pine. If you need help there, let me
know, I use them heavily.

> This e-mail was sent with Alpine, so feel free to look over the headers
> and let me know if I screwed anything up.

Everything looks kosher from my end.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die