[aklug] GPG/PGP email (was Re: Stumbled on this thought it might be of interest)

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@muni.org>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 15:05:46 AKST

Two questions I always have when this comes up:

1. How does <insert name or method> handle attachments? Multiple attachme=
nts?

2. Once set up, is it transparent, or, "Can Gramma use this with no change=
 in her habits?"

Both can be done. In the mid-90's there was an Israeli company that had so=
me middleware between PGP(2, I think) and Eudora (and maybe Outlook, iirc) =
that answered both questions with a solid 'yes'. I used it as I was travel=
ling around the world to communicate with people doing my financials back i=
n the USA. Sadly, I don't know what became of the company or remember what=
 the name of the product was.

As I said, both can be done, both been done, but nothing I've seen lately m=
eets both criteria (as of a few years ago, anyway).

I would love to find out things have changed.