[aklug] Re: InstallFest

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 13:45:58 AKDT

On Thursday 30 October 2008, barsalou wrote:
> OK. Here is the current idea.
>
> We do this on December 13th (because it is the only Saturday
> available) from 1p to 4p.
>
> Looks like some folks are starting to get ideas together to make this
> thing a success.
>
> Here are some of the items we have to finalize on:
>
> - Who will be there and timeframe
> - Which distros will be represented (Ubuntu so far)
> - a promotion flyer
> - Equipment needed (for the local mirror, etc)
> - Internet connectivity. (Maybe more than one?)
>

> As long as everyone is OK with this, we should start talking about it
> now.
>
> I'm happy to coordinate everything.
>
> Let me know what other ideas you folks have.
>
> Mike B.

Thanks Mike,

I will volunteer. I have a Debian AMD64 & I386 mirror I could bring. I can
be self contained, server, switch, external drive or add the drive to a
central setup. I know there are other Debian folks with similar setups,
we could do this together.

I have extension cords,25', 50', 100',

How about asking Dell for a laptop for a door prize ? Other swag
available ?

--
Peace
Greg Madden