[aklug] Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.10 has just be released!

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 10:43:15 AKDT

The awesome Ubuntu developers have done it again. They have released another great version of Ubuntu. I've been using the alpha version for a while now. I'll update as soon as I download the iso.

There are two things I noticed in this version that are very cool.
1. 3D support on my ThinkPad T42
2. Compis-Fusion can now be shown as a cylinder instead of a cube

Both features are productivity enhancing, money saving and super cool. Think about it. I didn't have to install a 3d driver. I don't have to say hexadecagon when refering to my desk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecagon). I just say cylinder. Time is money and I'm saving a lot with these features.

Two things I find interesting.
1. http://www.ubuntu.com is now pushing server software for business
2. http://psubuntu.com/ has an Ibex version for the Play Station 3

I should have 32 bit Ubuntu and Kubuntu CD's for tomorrows meeting. Stay Free! Stay Open!