[aklug] Re: Global Anti-Piracy Day

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 14:17:41 AKDT

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:59:20 -0800
barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net> wrote:

> In an effort to assist Microsoft in the self proclaimed "Global
> Anit-Piracy Day", I'd like to suggest to everyone that they
> introduce someone new to F/OSS software.
>
> This, surely, will reduce the amount of piracy that Microsoft is
> trying to curb.
>
> Unfortunately there aren't any Hallmark cards to put with your FOSS
> present. However, you might make a mini tin foil hat.
>
> Happy "Global Anti-Piracy Day", otherwise known as "F/OSS Awareness
> Day"
>
> Thanks to Graham Brookins for the suggestion.
>
> Mike B.

While we are on the subject, don't forget to tell people about creative
commons licensing, OGG, and places like ogg.jamendo.com.
I believe FOSS would benefit very much if artists, writers, and
consumers were to become less dependent on media that was under strict
copyright or DRM'd.

--
Christopher Howard
choward@indicium.us