[aklug] Friday's Meeting notes

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 13:36:34 AKDT

We had some fun playing with Stan's LinuxMCE installed. Although in =20
the end, we didn't really get it working, we learned a few things and =20
could get audio from the asterisk server "You have an error" or =20
something like that.

Not very helpful, but at least it was responding.

Stan promised to rebuild the box so we could know a little more about =20
the original install.

We were using Twinkle Softphones, but we didn't really know too much =20
about how they worked and if they worked well with the asterisk server.

Damien also mentioned that he would do a presentation on the next =20
presentation night.

I don't have the details yet, but will get them to you as soon as I =20
have something.

Also, I have a few books to give away at that presentation, "Ubuntu =20
for non-geeks" and "The Productive Programmer".

Friday Night Linux seems to be alive and well...come by sometime!

Mike B.