[aklug] Re: Windows XP antivirus software

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 17:38:02 AKDT

I'll second the AVG/Grisoft recommendation. I've been using it on W2K
for a couple of years and have been satisfied with it.

I thought ClamAV was primarily for mail servers. I didn't know you could
use it on a desktop for anything beyond incoming/outgoing mail. It seems
like most Windows AntiVirus solutions scan the entire box periodically.
Something not normally needed on *nix boxes as far as I know.