[aklug] Re: Converting to Virtualbox

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@muni.org>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 16:10:07 AKDT

I was passing on information that others may or may not find relevant.

My choice at the current time is 'neither'.

The types of things that pax and grsec was flagging for virtualbox indicate=
d somewhat cavalier coding, so I'm not interested in having it on my boxen.

(before anyone asks, iirc among the issues were stack executables and non-r=
elocatable code)

Regarding vmware, I haven't needed to do any virtualization since an update=
 broke it, so I haven't bothered to fix it. Since I haven't fixed it or us=
ed it, I don't know whether vmware has any similar issues with hardened sys=
tems.

Clear as mud 8) ?