[aklug] Re: Suggestions

From: <jim@macdonald.org>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 22:31:34 AKDT

 It's really funny to hear someone else say that... I have been saying it
fo=r years. and I always get the confused puppy look when I say it... like I
a= m commiting a cardinal sin by saying that good workers are by definition
la= zy... The other reason I believe this is "more automation means less
human = error".

On Jul 17, 2008, acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org wrote:
O= n Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Jim MacDonald wrote:

>Just a note from t= he admin side of things....
>
>it's always nice to find an= admin with more than a little
>coding/scripting experience. It ad= ds a certain desired depth to the
>toolkit if you understand my me= aning.

Amen. =C2=A0A good admin is a lazy admin, which means the= y're using
scripting &
programming to automate the routine or mund= ane aspects of their job.
=C2=A0An
additional side effect of practicin= g this philosophy is that you tend to
learn how things really work as = you work to automate them, leading to much
more depth in knowledge.
--Arthur Corliss
=C2=A0Live Free or Die
with 'uns= ubscribe' in the message body.