[aklug] Fluxbuntu

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 03:32:24 AKDT

This will probably bore all you veterans, but if you'll bear with a
newbie...
I just wanted to mention that I tried Fluxbuntu (http://fluxbuntu.org/)
the other day and I really liked it. It is a minimalistic version of
Ubuntu that uses the Fluxbox windows manager.

It was also the first distro I've tried that worked perfectly on my old
400 MHz laptop. But the performance was so good that I'd consider using
it on my better hardware (I kind of like the minimalistic, ground-up
approach to building a system.) And I was able to find all the packages
I needed with the apt-get and aptitude tools. Fluxbox seems to take a
different approach to a lot of things than KDE, but I liked many of the
differences once I was able to get things figured out.

Well, anyway... bye now.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: choward.vcf