[aklug] Re: Blackberry & SyncML

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 22:56:46 AKDT

Let's go for it.

I have attempted 4 different SyncML servers with my Razr. All with the
same results, but I would be interested in knowing what the logs were
saying at the server end. The tech supports guy at Scheduleworld
inferred there was something insidious going on, but never actually told
me what it was.

I do seem to have it working with Thunderbird and my Palm Tx.

Just out of curiosity, who's service are you using? I was guessing
CellOne/AT&T as I hadn't heard of the other guys offering Blackberry
locally, but I could have missed it. I would be interested in seeing
what happens from different networks. From my research, I've seen that
some carriers disable or remove the sync software that the manufactures
put standard on the phones. Damien's ACS V3 being an example.

Is there a difference between AT&T and CellularOne? I know they are
keeping the billing separate, but how far does it go? AT&T does
considerer me to be a CellOne customer.