[aklug] Re: OpenWRT

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 12:48:25 AKDT

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, barsalou said something like:
> Joshua,
>
> I would like to know the model....hopefully it is still made.

WL-500g Premium
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3D12&l2=3D43&l3=3D0&model=3D1121&model=
menu=3D1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=3DN82E16833320030

Lots of memory, and fully supported by OpenWRT.

Has a serial console, but requires soldering to use it. Had to do that=20
once when I put the wrong value in a config file. That netgate might=20
be a better option as the serial console is built in. But if you don't=20
mind soldering, I think the parts for the serial console (bracket,=20
plug, USB to serial cable) were only about $30.

=2D-=20
Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com