[aklug] FIXED. Re: Debian SSH security upgrade breaks SSH!

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 11:51:30 AKDT

Problem fixed. It wasn't my fault (directly) but it wasn't a debian=20
problem either.

=46or those who care: after the server was set up (before it was under my=20
control), it was, for a while, pulling from testing repository, and=20
along the way got a version of openssl installed that appeared to be=20
newer then the version in stable, but of course still had the=20
vulnerability. So, since it was now pulling from stable, the package=20
didn't get upgraded. Pulling and installing openssl, libssl0.9.8 and=20
libssl-dev manually fixed the problem.

=2D-=20
Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer