[aklug] Re: Friday Presentation.

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 12:33:56 AKDT

Quoting Tofu45 <rpelz34@acsalaska.net>:

> 2nd Friday coming up.
>
> Is there a "Friday Presentation"?
>
> If so: Topic, Presenter, Is it Pure open source?, What is interesting about
> it? Can we still work on our computers? When will it start?

Thanks for asking Bob.

I was waiting for confirmation from Stan that it would be open this Friday.

But since you asked... :)

My plan is to present (what little knowledge I do have) how to
troubleshoot xorg.conf file.

I'm really hoping it will be more of a discussion/demonstration.

There have been a couple of times that I was helping someone and found
I lacked sufficient knowledge on how to hack up the xorg.conf to get it
to do certain things.

With that in mind, I'm hoping to provide a loose framework with which
to troubleshoot video problems.

Maybe folks with existing knowledge will also come to the presentation
and provide some further insite.

It will start at 6:30pm.

As always, folks can ignore the presentation all together and just work
on their own machines.

We'll assume that Stan will have it open for us unless we hear from him
in the next few days.

Bob, I think that answers all of your questions.

Mike B.