[aklug] Re: google.com error

From: Mike Gonnason <gonnason@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 02:45:07 AKDT

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:06 AM, barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Quoting "Thomison, Lee" <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>:
>
> > I get these frequently. There's a variety of (known) causes, most often
> ha=
> > s to do with google detecting it's getting a large number of presumably
> aut=
> > omated queries from a single ip or a suspect domain or a suspect block
> of i=
> > p's or something similar.
> >
> > Often it's related to using bulk proxies such as anonymizers and/or tor
> exi=
> > t servers since the spammers and zombienets and other scum often are
> able t=
> > o get onto and use them.
> >
> > Usually (but not always) it'll clear after half-hour or so.
> > ---------
> >

> That seems to fit with what I experienced. I wonder if there is a way
> to get this reported? I suppose I just call GCI and submit a ticket?
>
> How are others dealing with this.....didn't realize it was so prevelant.
>
> Mike B.

If you Google for "Google sorry" you will find tons of hits and questions
regarding this particular security mechanism. I did find this blog post at
the Google Security blog to be somewhat enlightening as to what the Google
Security team has to deal with:
http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2007/07/reason-behind-were-sorry-message.html

-Mike Gonnason