[aklug] "New" Website

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 22:19:42 AKDT

I threw up a website using Google's Blogger tool. It looks alright.

Someone with some really good html skills could fix the obvious problem
with the banner.

If anyone wants access to the site, contact me privately and I'll give
you the password for it. Only do this if you are committed to continue
to maintain the site...I'd like to have three people involved.

A couple of features I'd like to mention:

- There is a calendar connected to the account...if we want, we could
have reminders mailed to the list of the meetings. This may assist in
reminding folks about the meetings.

- There is a place to put pictures...I set it up to show linux penguin
pictures at the moment, but thought we could set up a Picasa account
and store AKLUG function pictures there. You can sign up at google and
goof around with your own account if you are unsure weather you feel
you can help and to see what other things you might be able to do with
the design.

I'm very sorry for the outage and hope to come up with a solution that
we all can use and enjoy.

Thanks again for all the continued support. It encourages me to work
harder to make our organization a success.

Mike B.