[aklug] Securing my BIND9 Server

From: dhull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 19:22:37 AKDT

The following should keep me safe. I haven't tried it yet so no real world experience is included in this post.

1. recursion no;
2. allow-transfer {"none";};

The above goes in the options section of the named.conf file. This only works for a "master" DNS server. Here's what I have.

1. Master DNS server for testing-linux.com
2. No slave servers
3. No real need to lookup things like google.com ( caching setup )

If anyone wants to poke holes in this configuration feel free. If I need a caching server I'll stick that on the inside of my network.