[aklug] Re: Running Hardy Heron Alpha 5

From: Lee B Hotmail <prellchild@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 15:17:02 AKST

One thing I have found in my adventures with Firefox and Linux is problems
with flash. After googling it for a while I had read somewhere that flash
uses decpreated sound drivers (OSS instead of ALSA) that can make it crash.
Running firefox through esddsp or any other sound filter seems to fix the
problem. Not saying that's why your particular firefox is crashing, more of
a fyi but it has certainly fixed some of my problems with it.

Lee B.