[aklug] Re: wpa_supplicant

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 13:40:18 AKST

Quoting barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>:

> Quoting jonr@destar.net:
>
>> Quoting barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>:
>>
>>> Here is my wpa_suplicant.conf:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> ctrl_interface=3D/var/run/wpa_supplicant
>>> eapol_version=3D1
>>> ap_scan=3D1
>>> fast_reauth=3D1
>>>
>>> network=3D{
>>> auth_alg=3DOPEN
>>> ssid=3D"myssid"
>>> proto=3DWPA2
>>> scan_ssid=3D1
>>> psk=3D"mysecretpskkey"
>>> key_mgmt=3DWPA-PSK
>>>
>>> }
>>> ---
>>>
>>> This is what ended up working, but I'm not confident it is actually
>>> using WPA2...anyone know a good way to tell?
>>>
>>> I think I was missing the auth_alg=3DOPEN part when I tried it last.
>>>
>>> Mike B.
>>>
>> Can you sniff the wire and watch the authentication request?
>>

> Sure. I can even run the wpa_supplicant deamon in debug mode...what
> exactly am I looking for?
>
> Mike B.

I would guess that you would be watching for the psk handshake at the =20
beginning of the authentication. Do you see the server and the client =20
doing a handshake before you are authenticated?

Jon