[aklug] Enterprise Class Tape Library

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 21:47:54 AKST

If anyone is interested, we have an ADIC (now Quantum) Scalar i2000 tape
library that we may be wanting to replace soon. We are a very IBM centric
shop, and this ADIC library has always been sort of a thorn in my boss's
side, regardless of the fact that it's been reliable and has performed
well. We're getting quotes for an IBM LTO4 library to replace it. I got
a couple of quotes to replace the current drives in it with LTO4 drives,
but I believe management would prefer to replace it with an IBM library.

The library is about three years old and is comprised of two cabinets with
a total of 660 slots. It has two loader doors, 24 slots each for a total
of 48 I/O slots. It has 12 FC LTO2 drives. It's black and intimidates
lesser libraries.

I have no idea what management may want for it, but I expect it'll be a
*very* good deal for the buyer.

Please let me know off-list if you may be interested in it.

Thanks,
Mike