[aklug] Re: 802.11g with WPA

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 09:28:13 AKST

Quoting Ron Yeager <rony@gci.net>:

> I am back to where I used to be. I downloaded KWiFiManager and
> reverted to WEP to check myself. WEP is good to go with this Belkin
> adapter. I am not able to get WPA yet. I am posting this using WiFi.
> I plugged in a second WiFi router to accomodate this. Thanks for
> the input guys!
> Ron Yeager

Eeeerrrrrchh!!(best braking sound I could think up)

What kernel are you using Ron? I have a different chipset than you so
I might have passed bad info to the list. I have a broadcom 4312Rev2
and have only been able to get this to work with the newer 2.6.24
kernel. I would be interested to hear what kernel and how you got it
to work.

Jon