[aklug] Re: 802.11g with WPA

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 22:44:30 AKST

Quoting Ron Yeager <rony@gci.net>:

> I have a Broadcom chipset. When I followed the procedure here:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=272813 , I get a power light
> and no activity light. I saw a ray of hope when I hit the dmesg
> command and saw the ndiswrapper enabled and associated with the
> bcwml5 adapter, support for several encryption types (including WPA)
> and then a message indicating that the system was unable to set the
> encryption key. I went into network settings and reentered the key to
> no avail. Close! Not up yet.
> Ron Yeager

Ron, You may have to dig into the iwconfig commands and other wireless
tools to get this working...once that happens, you should be able to
use the gui tools they provide to get the same solution.

iwconfig ath0 mode managed
iwconfig ath0 essid "myssid"
iwconfig ath0 key s:myasciikey
iwconfig ath0 enc on
iwpriv ath0 authmode 2

For example, with my current DLink Card the above commands are
necessary to get it working with WEP.

Maybe some of the commands will help you in some way.

Mike B.