[aklug] Re: 802.11g with WPA

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 09:32:08 AKST

Quoting Ron Yeager <rony@gci.net>:

> I have a Belkin 54g, 802.11g PCMCIA wireless notebook card. Model
> F5D7010. I have been beating my head against it for a few weeks off
> and on with no luck. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 2650. Tried this
> with Ubuntu Fiesty and Ubuntu/Kubuntu Gutsy. I thought it was
> possibly the PCMCIA slot, but a 802.11b card works ok without
> encryption. It's Belkin too. So far, the consensus in the Ubuntu
> forums is that Belkin has little if any support/driver help in the
> Linux arena. I have followed some of the workarounds in the forums
> with no luck at all. It seems others have a 50-50 success rate with
> Belkin stuff too.
> Ron Yeager

I've had good success with belkin routers, but haven't used thier
pcmcia cards. Have you tried using the ndiswrapper for that
device...this may temporarily solve your problem until you can do it
the Right Way.

I use a DLINK with WEP (Haven't tried WPA yet)..I don't remember the
model number but I think if you look in the archives, it is there.

Mike B.