[aklug] Re: Compiling a kernel for Ubuntu Dapper

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 16:02:27 AKST

These were good instructions. No trouble getting the kernel to compile.
It creates a nice deb package that I can take to another Ubuntu box.
Problem, it doesn't boot. The kernel can't find /dev/sda1.

I have been told there there are all kinds of problems when compiling a
new kernel. There was one mention of udev. If you install a new kernel
you might need a new udev.

All I know is that the new kernel doesn't work. :'(