[aklug] Re: Merry Chrismas and Address book

From: Peter Michael <michael_peter_ra@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 23 2007 - 13:55:08 AKST

Jim,
Good question, I guess I might be a little dated software wise, and maybe the replies will give me some ideas being as the new phones etc all have these features.

 However, what I use is a Palm Pilot...Treo to be exact. It stores the data internally, on my laptop, and also on the web if needed. And it syncs up with Yahoo, mail, G-Mail and my offices Outlook as well.
Palms might be a dated device but I am able to store detailed addresses-contacts with multiple phone numbers, appointments, personal and company since it syncs with Schedule, to do lists, grocery lists, reminders for birthdays etc and it has a handy world time map and currency converter.. the other nice thing is that I am able to print address labels from the thing so I can address cards, letters etc without having to export the data to Word or some such thing.

If I find some way to do all this on something else cheaply, I might switch...

Pete

Jsw <jsw@wadell.org> wrote: First I want to wish all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful, prosperous,
linux-filled New Year.

Second, what are you using keep addresses and contact information? I
want to keep email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Ideally, it should
work on the network.

Thanks

Jim
---------