[aklug] Re: Oracle and Rails

From: Neil Moomey <neil@neilmoomey.com>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 15:36:33 AKST

Rails 2.0 has been released? Nice! Good work with the Oracle stuff Mike.

As far as legacy systems and Rails go. Yes, you are correct. I sometimes
think they added the "set_table_name" and "establish_connection" methods as
afterthoughts. It took some searching to figure out how to connect to two
different databases at once. Very simple after you find it on someone's
blog but I'm still waiting for a REAL Online Manual for Rails. API Docs and
tutorials are nice but where the heck is the manual? Perhaps MySQL has
spoiled me.

Neil