[aklug] Re: Goofy/basic bash_profile question

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 22:31:46 AKST

all you really need in your ~/.bash_profile is:

export ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
. $HOME/.bashrc

then add exported system variables, aliases, bash prompt formatting, etc. to ~/.bashrc, restart bash and it'll work like a champ. considering it's bash i'm sure there are several ways of going about this. just mentioning the way that's always worked for me across all bash versions...

~clay