[aklug] Remote access to data

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 11:49:03 AKST

I'm at the coffee shop trying to access my data back at the home office.
I have access to my DMZ. Most of the time that's all I need access to.
Today is a little different. I'm missing a few files on my test server.
I need to access my data storage server in the internal network.

I could do one of the following.

    * Allow ssh into the privet network
          o green interface on IPCop
    * Setup a VPN
          o Doesn't give me ssh access
          o I would only be able to grab data on the shared directory

I'm sure there are other options. I'm looking for suggestions. Any ideas?

Oh, I'll be leaving town next week. I would like to have something
configured before then. I will need access while I'm away.