Re: Linux based inflight system

From: Jim Gribbn <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 01:03:52 AKST

Peter,

You're comment about "little fanfare" got me curious. I did a quick
Google search of it and found several (not a lot) of mentions. At first
I suspected they were in places our crowd doesn't frequent, but ...

Lo, I found an article on digg.com and another on Gizmodo. The Gizmodo
one is complete with a YouTube video. Both are from back in February.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/MEGA_hands_on_with_Virgin_Airline_s_RED_Linux_based_in_flight_entertainment
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/virgin-americas-airplanes-play-doom-233695.php

I even found one article from May 2004, but I lost it when my Windoze
box at the office decided it was time to lock.

So I guess we just aren't paying attention.

Jim Gribbin