Re: Cool lilo tip

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 18:17:57 AKST

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Jon Reynolds wrote:

> Well maybe I just don't know Bryan, you ever consider that? ;-)
>
> Good question, I guess I could cause the test kernel to panic then see
> if it reboots the box or hangs. I'll let you know what happens.

Depending on the failure mode it may reboot automatically, in which case it
will boot on the normal default. In the event of a panic and a halt, you'll
need a remote way to power cycle the box. If you can do that, you're back
in operation again.

In short, it's a useful feature if you have a modem-controlled power strip
powering the box, or some other kind of management port, like a blade center
management module.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die