Broken laptop for parts

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 04:12:57 AKDT

Unfortunately my laptop has died. It is an Acer TravelMate 8103WLMi
with memory upgraded to 2 GB.

The motherboard is definitely damaged, and apparently likes to eat test
hard drives, as it killed the test hard drive a local repair shop used
during diagnosis.

I was thinking about putting it up on ebay as a parts machine, but
remembered that this list contains people who may need parts. So, here
are the things I *know* are good:
- LCD 1680x1050
- DVD+R/RW drive (unknown speed)

The things may be good:
- The memory may be undamaged, don't know (2 1Gb Crucial sticks)
- The Battery is probably ok

The following are hosed:
- Hard drive (the mechanics are probably good, electronics are hosed)
- Motherboard

If anyone wants it, I'll take any offers into consideration (as long as
they include shipping, I've spent all I'm going to spend on this thing).

I can include all software/smart cards/original boxes with the laptop.
Given the audience, though, I don't think you'll need the software. ;]

Please contact me off list if you're interested.

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]