RE: desktop pci wireless card

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Wed Sep 19 2007 - 16:19:29 AKDT

Lee Thomison garbled:

[...]Qgc3RpbGwgYnJlYWtzIHNvbWV0aW1lcyB3aXRoIGNoYW5nZXMsIGJ1dCBub3Qgc28gb
2Z0ZW4uIC

BJdCdzIGFsc28gcmVzaWRlbnQgaW4gdGhlIGtlcm5lbC4gIEl0IGFsc28gc3VwcG9ydHMgdX
NiLg
> 0KIA0KIA0K

$ cat | base64 -d

FWIW, I did quite a bit of work with wireless a while ago. I never
succeeded in getting the ralink stuff to reliably work. Interestingly,
the atheros stuff works well, when it works. The devs make changes
fairly often, and so my atheros stuff broke fairly often, either with
new wpa_supplicant, or new drivers, or new kernel, or some new
change...whatever. (fairness dictates also saying that the
wpa_supplicant folks break stuff fairly often, so it's not the atheros'
drivers fault, but the result is the same) I've ended up using the
zd1211 chipset; it still breaks sometimes with changes, but not so
often. It's also resident in the kernel. It also supports usb.
=20
=20